Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Anybody Got A Light?


     A parking garage, as most of you know, is
usually fairly dark.  Yes, there are overhead
lights in place. But you probably wouldn't go
there looking for a suntan!
      I mention this because of my experience
leaving the Steamtown Mall Parking Garage
yesterday after my weekly show on Electric
City Television. That's where I saw the strange
form in the shadows. No! It wasn't a mugger.
      It was the silhouette of a black SUV coming
out of the semi darkness!
      Why are drivers reluctant to use their
headlights in parking garages where there's not
enough light to read a book?  Are they trying to
save electricity?
      I was going to flash my own lights. But these
wizards would  probably just think there's a
speed trap up ahead!
      I managed to avoid about three more
light less cars as I made my exit.
       Don't get me wrong. I hate facing those high
beams of oncoming traffic as much as anyone
else when I'm barreling down the Interstate at
night. But at least you see them coming!
       In that garage I'd appreciate, at least, your
parking lights if you're headed my way! And, by
the way, that's not the only problem place!
       Everyday, just about dusk, you see a parade
of vehicles coming out of big box lots whose
drivers seem to be waiting for the moon as a
signal to turn on their headlights. If you're
lucky you won't "bump into them" anytime
soon!
        Hope you see the light...and that all your
NEWS is good!
       
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment