Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Looking For Spring!


    According to the Weather guys we've
set a new record this month. We've had
more snow than in any other February
on record.
    Not to brag, but I think I knew that
well before the official records proved it!
I literally felt it in my bones. The bones
that ache because of all the shoveling!
    Every year about this time I'm desperately
searching for signs of Spring.
    The forecasts don't help.
    The Groundhog didn't help.
    Even the prospect of Daylight Savings
Time seems to fall short.
    I was pleased, however, to hear the
familiar "honking" of geese during my walk
in West Pittston the other day!
    Used to be you could always tell that
Spring was at hand when you spotted a
flight of Canada Geese in their "V"
formation flying through the air.
    Of course I didn't actually see that.
    The birds I heard were actually
floating on the Susquehanna or walking
along its banks.
    Maybe they decided to swim or walk
North this year? Maybe, like a lot of us,
they just can't afford to fly.
     Or, maybe, they were just taking a
rest stop. They was plenty of evidence
that might be the case. I made sure I
didn't step in any of it!
     Darn thing is...when they did start to
fly....they were heading East. I have no
idea what that's suppose to mean!
       I'm just hoping they haven't been
influence by any of the TV or radio
weather forecasts. They're enough to scare
anybody away!
       I'm counting on those birds to take to
the air, check their compass, and bring us
Spring.
       Otherwise, we'll all know where we
can get some refills for our pillows and
mattresses!
       Hope that "V" is pointing north and that
your NEWS is good!












No comments:

Post a Comment