Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Weather,,,In Depth!


   Now that the storm is over, well one
storm at least, various area weathermen,
or women, are boasting about how
accurate their forecasts were.
   That's especially interesting given how
different their forecasts were.
   My Web friend, Weather Bob, was not
only on target, but also about a week
ahead with his prediction.
    Now to be fair I should point out that
anyone who called for between 3 to 48
inches could be called accurate IF you
take my parking area as their example.
    I shoveled 5 separate times between
the start of the storm and yesterday
morning. I faced nothing less than 3
inches each time and the resulting piles
of shoveled snow are most definitely
at least 4 feet high!
    I am beginning to run out of places
to pile the snow. I'm sure there are others
facing a similar problem. And that gave
me an idea!
    While our children and grand kids
enjoy some extra time off from school
and activities like sleigh ridding and
snowball fights, those poor kids in
Florida miss out on all the fun.
    I think, as a good will gesture. the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania should
load up all of our snow and haul it to
the Sunshine State!
    I am definitely willing to donate all
of mine! The pile covering my Miata
should supply one Florida child with
enough snow to build a fort!
   We're already got more in the forecast
so we won't have to suffer.
   Hope you're willing to give for our
friends "down south" and that all of
your NEWS is good!


















No comments:

Post a Comment