Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I think we're going to need a bigger.........ruler!


     I admit I was preoccupied with the Super Bowl
on Sunday. All that food and a pool that changed
every time somebody.....I mean every time the
Seahawks scored.
     I wasn't paying a lot of attention to weather
forecasts. But I'm sure I saw or heard something
about "flurries to a couple of inches" of snow
coming my way yesterday morning.
     When I got up and looked outside it
occurred to me that some of the forecasters
weren't paying attention either!
      This was the deepest two inches I've seen in
a long time!
      So, after a bit of shoveling, I headed towards
Scranton for my weekly show on Electric City
Television.
      Fortunately I decided to leave a little early!
      Somebody must have forgotten to tell some
of the snow plow operators about the two inches!
      The Interstate was OK, where it was open.
      The secondary route was fair.
      The back roads were terrible!
      Still I made it and was content with the
notion the road crews would have things back
to normal by the time I returned.
      Maybe the road crews don't use the same
routes I use. Maybe some Super Bowl parties
ended much later than mine.
      Maybe that snow was a little deeper than
two inches!
      Maybe some of the snow plows were
broken.
      Maybe I should have held on to that old
Suburban!
      Coming home actually was worse than
the morning drive. It's been awhile since I
saw the rural road I use on the final couple
miles of my trip this....."unattended!"
      Now I'm hearing about a "big storm" with
"6 to 10 inches" coming in by Wednesday!
      If this "6 to 10" is anything like our 2 inches
yesterday I think we're going to need a bigger
ruler!
     Hope somebody tells the plow operators,
and that all of your NEWS is good!







     

No comments:

Post a Comment