Saturday, February 8, 2014

Putting The Pieces Together!

  
  I'm dealing with a mystery and trying to put the
pieces together!
  Many years ago my wife, my son, my Dad, and
I made a trip to Indiana. We were going to a big
BMX bicycle race. But we also had plenty of
time to take in the sights.
   The Indianapolis Motor Speedway and a local
Planetarium were both big hits. But nothing could
top the Children's Museum!
   And the highlight there was a gigantic "hands on"
Lego exhibit!
    Even my Dad, in his 80's at the time, enjoyed
handling the Legos. Everybody did!
    We've had Legos of one sort or another in our
house ever since. And, sooner or later, all the
grand children have spent some time putting the
pieces together to form race cars, airplanes, and
all sorts of other creations.
     The only "dangers" I've noticed include keeping
the tiny pieces out of kid's mouths and the problems
involved in bending over to pick them up when
they've fallen to the floor or under a chair or couch.
     That is why I'm a bit perplexed with the release,
yesterday, of "The Lego Movie."
     As I've indicated, Legos seem to be able to bridge
the gap between young and old. They also seem to
be harmless enough.
     So why, I ask, does the movie come with a PG
rating? Parental Guidance for a movie about Legos!?
     I would think kids would be the prime
audience for this flick. So, would you not want it
to be kid friendly?
    Or has the PG been attached to make sure the
kids don't come alone?
     Maybe there's some sort of Lego villain on hand
to conjure up some nightmares?
      I'll bet if my Dad were still around he'd have this
one on his "must see list!"
      Now I'll have to find someone older to go with
me to make sure I get in!
      Hope you enjoy the show and that all your NEWS
is good!





















No comments:

Post a Comment