Friday, February 14, 2014

My Funny Valentine


   So, what do you get for the love of your
life on Valentine's Day?
   Roses? Candy? Dinner out?
   How about a sweeper? That's what I got
for my wife!
   Romantic..right?
   Actually it is!
   We were window shopping through a
brand new Flea Market a couple weeks
ago when this unique appliance caught my
wife's eye.
    It's an antique carpet sweeper for which
we have virtually no use what-so-ever.
    My wife likes things from "back in the
day." You could tell she would love to have
it.  That became clearer and clearer when
I offered to buy it and she laundry listed
the places where we couldn't put it.
    "I'd really like it, but" is a phrase which,
when translated, becomes "I really want
that!" Those of you who are not yet
married may want to make note of that!
     So, after some clever negotiating.......
"You'll knock five bucks off that price
won't you?"....we left with an early
Valentine's Day present. And we did find
a corner where it stands as a tribute  to the
past as well as a conversation piece.
     I supplemented the old carpet cleaner
with some brand new chocolates this
morning. My wife always shares things
and I know I'll enjoy a couple candies a
lot more than any quantity of antique
lint!
     Talk about sweeping her off her feet!
     Hope your Cupid is on target and that
all your NEWS is good!     















No comments:

Post a Comment