Friday, February 21, 2014

Buried Treasure?


   My Great Uncle Charlie (my Mom's
uncle) was, for a time, a gold miner in
Alaska.
   I often think about him when there's
snow on the ground so, as you can
imagine, he's been on my mind a lot
lately.
   Yesterday as temperatures sored into
the 40's I began to wonder if there might
be any treasure buried under the 3 or 4
foot drifts around my place.
    I know for certain there are at least
two!
    The melting snow has begun to uncover
the form of my Miata which disappeared
from view about three storms ago. I can't
get at it just yet, But knowing it's still
there brings me thoughts of summer days
with the top down.
    Some of my other discoveries were not
nearly as pleasant! It seems the deep snow
has failed to deter any of the stray cats
that have invaded our development from
using my yard as a "rest stop" during their
daily travels. Maybe one dog too!
  My Uncle Charley would have know
how to handle these trespassers. But I'm
not sure PETA would have approved of
his methods.
   Oh, the other "treasure" I mentioned.
It's a spare set of keys to my wife's car!
I apparently dropped them outside while
on one of my half dozen snow shoveling
efforts over the past two weeks. It's likely
they fell during a backstroke and were
flung somewhere into that huge pile of
snow between me and the Miata.
    Hopefully the cats haven't eaten them
and they won't be needed till sometime
this spring!
    Hope your blues are melting away and
that all your NEWS is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment