Monday, February 10, 2014

Quest For The Gold!


   It was awesome to actually be there and watch
these fantastic athletes compete! I held my breath
as they flew through the air, twisting and turning
and trying for that perfect landing!
   Sochi? No. I was in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania!
   That's where my grand daughter and several
other members of the Zero Gravity Team turned
out for Trampoline competition yesterday.
   This is not one of those back yard trampolines,
surrounded by a large net where little kids simply
bounce up and down.
    One is large and similar to those you might have
seen at a circus performance. The competitors do
bounce up and down. But, in between up and down,
they're doing somersaults and twists, all the while
trying to maintain perfect form and, of course,
attempting not to fall off the edge!
   There is also an event called the "Double Mini."
   I initially thought that had something to do with
a miniature Almond Joy.
    Actually the competitors run along a ramp, jump
onto a small trampoline, somersault, jump onto a
second trampoline where they may flip as many as
three times in the air, then land, hopefully standing
up, on a mat beyond the second one.
    Some of you may have seen a similar display
when I recently slipped on some ice while walking.
I only managed one flip though and did not land
standing up!
    Facing some very still competition the Zero
Gravity team did well. And my grand daughter
took a 5th place in Double Minis, and a 2nd on the
Trampoline!
    If they ever come up with tumbling competition
which includes singing, and acting in addition to
the flips she'd be in Gold most of the time!
    I'm not quite sure where she gets this gymnastic
talent from. To my knowledge she's never ever
seen me slip on the ice!
    Anyhow she always hold her head high....even
if it's upside down!
    Hope her photos make you "flip" and that all
your NEWS is good!




























































 

No comments:

Post a Comment