Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lady & The Tramp Dinner


   Our church family gathered in force last
night to celebrate either Valentine's Day,
Lincoln's Birthday, or whatever.
    Given the impending snowstorm
everyone may have turned out thinking this
could be the last supper!
    My wife had decorated empty wine
bottles with candle wax drippings and
somebody added actual candles to create
a beautiful ambiance for the evening.
    As I previously indicated I helped to
empty those bottles in the first place!
    On the menu, spaghetti and meatballs
served by our Pastor...Chef Boy-R-Dave!
There was salad, bread, and enough
deserts to keep our entire congregation
high on sugar for a week should the storm
have arrived early and stranded us there!
     Dean Martin serenaded us with
some of his traditional Italian favorites
as we dined by the candlelight.
     And popular Christian comedian, Ken
Davis, provided the entertainment after
dinner via DVD.
     It's hard to get so many people from a
church together when it's not a Sunday
Service. But we've found that food can
sometimes do the trick!
     I had intended to pull off that famous
Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene with my
wife. But by the time I thought about it I
had eaten everything on my plate! How
did that happen?!
    Oh well, Valentine's Day is still tomorrow
IF it's not cancelled because of the storm!
    Hope your night was Bella Notte and that
all of your NEWS is good!

    
































No comments:

Post a Comment