Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Passing The Smell Test!


    I had my Van inspected yesterday!
    You know that annual ritual in which
a mechanic or team of mechanics gives
your car the once over to make sure it's
safe to drive out there on the highway
(where all those other nuts are driving!).
     It's pretty easy to tell if your lights
and brakes are working.
     The interesting thing, to me, is the
"Smell Test." Technically I suppose it's
an "Emissions Test" which is done to
make sure your vehicle is not responsible
for Global Warming!
     Has anybody looked around this area
lately? I had to knock ice and snow off
my vehicle to pull it into the garage!
    The only warming I'm causing is
coming from my car heater!
     The Emission test is done by removing
your gas cap and putting it on some sort
of machine that is suppose to detect leaks.
      I don't quite understand how a machine
"smells" your gas cap. And, while it's off
getting tested, aren't the fumes rushing into
the air?
     Anyhow, if you pass the test you get a
separate sticker for your car windshield.
If you don't I guess you've got to buy
another gas cap.
     The test is required in 25 Pennsylvania
counties but, in 42 others, it's not needed.
We, of course, live in one of the lucky 25!
     You can skip the "Smell Test" IF you
don't drive more than 5,000 mile a year.
      But,,,,,you'll have to pay for a sticker
that explains you're exempt! Something
certainly smells there!!!!!
      If my emissions are causing Global
Warming we'd better get a few more cars
like mine fired up! We could all use some
heat!!!!!
     Hope your air is sweet and all your
NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment