Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Loaded 45!


   Before I get all your hopes up the
title of today's essay has nothing to
do with guns!
   Today my wife and I celebrate
45 years of married life! 45 years
"loaded" with joy, adventure, love
and happiness.
    Sure, there have been some bumps
in the road. But we've got good shock
absorbers!
     You often hear stories of husbands
who end up in the dog house for
forgetting their anniversaries.
     But I can name the day of the month
for our first date, the day we agreed to
"go steady," the day we got engaged,
and, of course, the date we got married.
    All I've got to do is remember the
month. All of our anniversaries fall on
the 29th.
    It makes them easy to remember and,
I get most Februaries off!
     We have a million neat memories
including having the nationally know
radio personality Paul Harvey announce
our wedding on his daily program!
     I got a little worried when I looked
up the traditional gift for one's 45th
anniversary.
     It was a sapphire!
     What the heck would I want with a
sapphire? I really hope she doesn't buy
me one!
      I, on the other hand, will probably
treat my wife to a good movie and
dinner somewhere.
     Unfortunately my favorite Hot Dog
stand, Jimmy's in Hazleton, is closed on
Tuesdays so we'll have to look elsewhere.
     We'll find a way to enjoy the day.
We have for most of the  16,425 or so
we've shared together so far!
      Thanks Hon...for making all MY NEWS
GOOD!



     

1 comment: