Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Second Sight


    Regular readers to my daily Blog may
recall the story I wrote in January about
the tests I went through to get glasses.
     Well I got them. And I used them for
about two weeks. Then I took them back!
     They just didn't seem to do the job!
      It may have had something to do with
the fact that I had a blockage in glands in
each of my eyelids. I figured I'd better get
those fixed before I got new glasses.
       So, eyelids all repaired, I headed
to another Eye Doctor yesterday to get
examined for a new prescription.
        The Eye place was really neat. But
I had a few questions about the setup.
         When you check in you're given
a form to fill out. The first thing that
occurred to me was the fact that you
probably need a pair of glasses to read
all the questions!
         If you're lucky enough to be
near sighted you'll have to remember
the name of every medicine you're
taking and every disease you and your
Mother and Father every had! Good luck
with that.
        In this particular office patients
are asked to wait in various sections
with different color seats. There's red,
green, blue and...well I didn't see the
other one.
       But I couldn't help but wonder
what happens to the guy coming in
who's color blind? Of course there
are also signs identifying the colors.
But remember, this is a place that
attracts customers with poor eye sight!
      I finally made it in to the doctor
who confirmed my suspicion that
my right eye could use a little help
to put distant objects in focus.
      After he writes the prescription
you get to look at about 200 sample
frames to pick what suits your best.
     Unless your wife is along. In
that case she "helps" you pick.
      So now I'll sit back and wait
till they put my prescription lenses
into the frames I...that is...we picked.
      Hope we....that is I...look OK
and that all your NEWS is good!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment