Tuesday, April 15, 2014

That Sinking Feeling!


    A lot of you may be experiencing
that "sinking feeling" today!
    It's Income Tax Deadline Day.
    I've often wondered if it's just
coincidence that it falls on April
15th...the day the Titanic went down!
    I know more than just a little bit
about the Titanic
    I reunited two survivors back in
1972. One of them was from Wilkes-
Barre. Since then I've learned about
another area family with ties to the
disaster. And I've visited the grave
yard in Nova Scotia where many
victims are buried.
    Family members and friends keep
giving me books about the Titanic.
The stories are very varied. But they
all end the same way! It sinks!
    And I have personal knowledge
about the 'sinking feeling!"
     More then just a couple of years
ago my late cameraman Bob Dennis
and I planned a trip down the
Susquehanna River from Wilkes-
Barre to the PPL Nuclear power plant
in Columbia County.
    We boarded my ONE MAN canoe
in Nesbitt Park and immediately
sunk!
    Fortunately we were able to walk
ourselves out of the water with no
major damage other than that involving
our pride.
    Bob was able to rearrange our load
and we, unlike the Titanic, completed
our voyage. The only thing lost was
his lunch which became a feast for the
fish in the river!
    If taxes have given you a sinking
feeling just keep my story in mind. A
good laugh should help you get through
the day!
    Hope, after taxes. you're still afloat and
that all your NEWS is good!

    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment