Friday, April 18, 2014

Fall In!


   I was ordered to "Fall In" for Inspection
yesterday.
   Well, that's not exactly true. Actually I
had some free time on my hands. So I
volunteered for Inspection.
    No Drill Sargent or high ranking
officer involved.
    Just my team of mechanics and my
Miata, fresh from under cover after that
April snowfall the other day.
    In fact with the exception of one brief
outing a week ago the car has been covered
since last November!
    Ever since I can remember Pennsylvania
residents had been required to submit their
vehicles for an inspection every year.
    William Penn probably started the whole
thing back when horse drawn carriages were
making their way over Pennsylvania's
potholes!
    For many years inspection had to be done
twice a year!
    For me they've always been a pain. Often in
the neck and always in the wallet!
    I pulled the car onto the lift at my favorite
garage and let my Pit Crew get to work.   
    Well "Pit Crew" might not be an accurate
description. In fact, were this Daytona, I'd have
come in one day after all the other drivers,
    But it wasn't my mechanic's fault. They felt
I needed two tires....something with some tread.
And the new guy bringing them from a "near by"
warehouse didn't know exactly how to find us.
     Anyway, you'll be happy to know my tires
and brakes now allow me  to stop and go when
needed. I can now see through the windshield
even when it's raining thanks to my knew wiper
blades, and my little 4 cylinder engine does
not seem to be causing global warming. (That
is somehow based on the integrity of the cap on
my gas tank!)
      So, 4 hours and 200 or so bucks later I'm
good for another 12 months of happy motoring.
      Of course before I head out too far I'll have
to bring my wife's car in for it's Inspection!
      Hope you pass with flying colors and that
all your NEWS is good!




    

No comments:

Post a Comment