Saturday, April 19, 2014

In The Driver's Seat!


  I'm going back to Double Dee's Dusty
Dungeon for today's blog. I have to because
I've seen it again!
  The photo I've included isn't mine because
I didn't have my camera. But it's a reasonable
facsimile of what I saw while driving in West
Pittston yesterday morning.
   Even if I did have my camera using is while
driving would have been both dangerous and,
in this case, hypocritical!
   I couldn't see the driver operating the car
just in front of mine........unless........no.......
it couldn't be!
   The head protruding from the driver's side
window was that of a small white dog!
    It was large enough, however, to completely
block the rear view mirror on that side of the
car. The dog seemed to be looking to the far
left anyway so maybe he didn't need the
mirror.
   I've heard some dog lovers claim their pet
is like one of the family. But, personally, I
think allowing one to borrow the car is going
just a little too far!
    It's bad enough to be slowed down by traffic
lights! Who needs the distraction of fire
hydrants too?!
    The more I think of it I suppose there was
a licensed (Driver's license that is) driver
inside the car somewhere. I just couldn't
see him or her. And I had to wonder if he
or she could see me with "Old Shep"
perched on his or her lap! Somehow I
doubted it! Of course there's the possibility
this K9 was a "Seeing Eye Dog."
   Even if that was the case I don't really
like the idea of a dog, or any other pet for
that matter, sharing the pilot's seat in an
SUV!
   I wonder if Geico covers puppies?
   I guess I should just be happy it wasn't
Texting during the trip!
   Hope you're dog has a license and that
all of your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment