Monday, April 14, 2014

A Very Moving Experience


   My son and his best girls are in their
new home as I write this.
   But getting there was half the fun!
   They closed on the house on Friday.
   Then, on Saturday, the move began.
    A U-Haul van provided space for
the "big items."
    My son, son-in-law, and grandson
provided most of the muscles to get
those items out of the old place, into
the van, then out of the van and into
the new house.
    My wife and I were assigned to
4 of our grand children.
    One was visiting for the weekend,
one required some basis "babysitting"
attention, and two simply needed
some pickup and feeding services.
    There were, I admit, times when I
wished I was lugging baggage and
furniture in and out of the van! I can
only hear the song "Bingo" so many
times.
     On Sunday, the U-Haul was gone,
replaced by a couple passenger cars
and my minivan!
     My son was still providing most
of the muscle. But he was aided by
my daughter and me. Well.....my
daughter anyway.
     I was under the impression the
"big items" had been transported
Saturday. Even though that's true,
my son has accumulated various
tools and related supplies that, if
worth their weight in gold, would
allow us to have a comfortable
living for the remainder of our lives!
     Few of these things are actually
designed to be carried. Or even lifted
for that matter!
      Maybe it's just that gravity has
become stronger as I've aged. It
certainly was pressing pretty hard
on those things I was trying to
carry!
      I found myself wishing for the
tune "Bingo!"
      At least the others carried their
weight, and much of mine, and the
things that needed to get moved got
moved.
     Since my daughter plans to move
into a new home next month I now
have enough experience to know I've
got about 30 days to find a hiding
place!
     Hope you're all settled in, and
that all your NEWS is good!


































No comments:

Post a Comment