Thursday, April 10, 2014

Breaking Up Is........


       Well, it's happened again.
       First is was Abbott and Costello.
       Then Martin and Lewis!
       Even the Everly Brothers went their
separate ways
       Now, another famous team is breaking up.
       And, as Neil Sedaka, told us, "Breaking
Up Is Hard To Do!"
       After years of working on various
television projects together Judge Tom
Munley and I are ending our partnership.
       Tom and I first worked together at
WYOU TV when he, as a lawyer, offered
basic legal advice on "The Law & You."
        I occasionally worked camera for
Tom when he was in our Scranton newsroom
and actually wrote one of his holiday shows
for him.
        Later, after Tom became a judge in
Lackawanna county, we pooled our efforts
to make people aware of FREE services and
events available to them on our weekly show,
ECTV Live.
       As of this writing we have produced
 208 of those programs, each of which
airs a dozen times a week. That's nearly
2500 hours of Public Affairs programming!
      That's got to be a record!
      Our program will continue each week
on Comcast Ch19. But Tom's judicial
obligations are forcing him to hang up his
microphone.
       I'll miss him on the set.
       But our "split" will be a lot like that of
 the old Laurel and Hardy comedy team. Even
after their film careers ended those guys
remained friends......for life!
        I must admit though, after learning of
Tom's decision, I was tempted to say.........
"Here's another fine mess you've gotten me
into."
        Well, I'll see you on ECTV all week
and Tom.....well......yep....he'll see you in
Court!
         Hope you'll spend more time with me
than him......that way all your NEWS will
be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment