Monday, April 7, 2014

Kid Power!


   It was destined to happen one of these days.
And "one of these days" turned out to be
yesterday.
   My wife has been eyeing the front and back
yard looking for signs of the first flowers
willing to risk their stems to rise out of the
ground. A few Crocuses took the chance, so
her Spring Cleanup program began.
   Watching me attempt any sort of garden
work has undoubtedly brought some laughs to
my spouse. But my efforts have done little
to contribute to her cleanup plan.
    So, faced with a bazillion crushed and
soaked leaves left over from last Fall, my
wife dug out a rake and wheel barrel from
the shed and then called on her secret
weapon.......Kid Power!
    There's noting so helpful as a couple of
youngsters just looking for something to do
on a sunny day!
     My grandson and grand daughter
willingly dug into the assignment and lifted
and hauled the mulch to a nearby wooded
area. They learned a couple valuable
lessons!
     How to clean up yard wastes and avoid
cat wastes at the same time!
     Grand kids also fall into a very special
minimum wage category. I couple bucks for
treats,a few hugs, and some time with
Grannie and Grandpa pretty much covers the
bill. And their yard work has the place
looking good!
      As for me...well....somebody had to
watch the Yankee game!
      Hope your yard is clean and your NEWS
is good!


  


























No comments:

Post a Comment