Saturday, April 26, 2014

Go To The Head Of The Class!


    Well I found myself back in school, again, yesterday.
    After Wednesday's visit with 5th Graders at the Bear
 Creek Community Charter School I received an
 invitation to speak and read before First Graders at
 Wilkes-Barre Academy.
    Seems I'm spending more time in Elementary school
 now than when they were trying to educate me!
    First graders are cool! They ask good questions and
 they volunteer a lot of information.
    I started by talking about the Titanic.
    One young lady asked if I had been aboard. I may have
 to think about shaving this mustache!
    Another student, a young man, held his right hand high
 in the air during most of my presentation. I thought, at
 first, he might be looking for permission to leave the
 room. I do that to some audiences.
     In reality, each time I allowed the youngster to speak
 he told me another "fact" about the Titanic. I was tempted
 to ask if he had been on board!
     The second part of my visit focused on "Prince Claude."
     The Prince is the main character in a series of short (very
 short) stories I've written over the past few years.
     As his name implies. Prince Claude is not the sharpest
 tool in the shed. He's not good with the alphabet, numbers,
or geography. He thinks Pluto is Micky's dog, not a
planet!
     He does dumb things. Which is probably why his actions
come so easily to my mind. He reminds me of me!
     Judging from the laughter in the class I think the
stories of my inept Prince were a hit with the kids.
     If only one of them was a Publisher!
     With the reception and reaction I enjoyed it's pretty clear
I'm a good match....for First Grade!
      Hope you know your ABC's and that all your NEWS
is good!















    

No comments:

Post a Comment