Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sinking The Ark



   We've heard a lot about expeditions
searching for the remains of Noah's Ark
over the years. Most are centered around
Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey.
      I hope none of them are looking in Movie
Theaters!
   My wife and I went to see the feature "Noah"
yesterday. It's one of the few we've seen
lately that doesn't claim to be "Based on actual
events." After seeing it I understand why!
   In fact, I feel obligated to raise my periscope,
aim, and fire at least one torpedo into this
Flick!
   Whether you believe in the Biblical story
of Noah or not you've got to admit that's
where the story originates. Given that fact
you might assume the screenwriters and
producer might have wanted to follow that
original story a little more closely.
    We came expecting that. Instead we
found ourselves viewing an epic that seemed
to be some sort of cross between Indiana
Jones and Transformers!
    There were, for instance, these creatures
made of rocks who actually build the Ark
and help fight off all those folks who
didn't have tickets when the rain began to
fall.
     Then there's that stowaway guy! What
story did he come from? Or, perhaps, was
he the real Jack Dawson?!
      I half expected to see this Ark ram an
iceberg instead of the top of a mountain!
     I found myself wondering...where's
Cecil B. DeMille and Charlton Heston
when you need them?
     On the other hand I suppose I should
give credit where credit is due.
      The movie did feature a very large
boat  with animals.
      Hope you're read the book and that
all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment