Tuesday, April 8, 2014

You'll Get A Charge Out Of This!


   Yesterday began on a rather NEGATIVE note.
   My car wouldn't start.
   It was the second time in four days I've had
a problem.
   Last Friday my vehicle refused to come to
life. But that was "my bad."
   I was parked outside school waiting for
my grandson for about a half hour. The radio
was on and I was adjusting the power window
from time to time. What I didn't know was
that I had left the headlights on when I first
pulled up. Headlights eat electricity!
    My wife's car and a set of jumper cables
brought the van back to life and it worked
just the way it's suppose too......up until this
morning!
    This time I used a Jumper Box, a sort of
portable battery, to get the car going again.
    But my success was short lived.
    After my morning walk and taking time
to dress for my ECTV program I returned
to the car and found it refusing to start
again!
     I made a call and arranged to have a
new battery waiting at a regional Auto
Parts Store. The only question was.....how
would I get the car there?
     I tried it just in case and, wouldn't
you know it, it fired right up!
     Kind of like that tooth ache that
suddenly disappears just when you show
up at the Dentist's office!
     So, the question became, did I really
need a new battery? I'm not sure I know
the answer. But, since the mechanic
determined my existing one has been
cranking away for at least seven years,
I took the POSITIVE approach and bought
a new one!
     I know it must be a powerful.
The price alone was shocking!!!!!!
     Anyhow, the battery's in, the lights
are off and the ACID test will come
sometime today when I turn the key!
     Hope you got a charge out of my
story and that all your NEWS is good!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment