Tuesday, April 1, 2014

By Jove, I Think I've Got It!


   It's very difficult for someone like
me to keep up with automotive
evolution!
   I liked it when you could stick a
screwdriver into a carburetor to
get a stalled engine started again.
   These days there are all sorts of
new trends in the automotive field.
    You know. Things like back up
cameras and On Star service.
    I understand those. But I've been
fighting to keep up with some of the
other things.
    For instance, it was months before
I realized that those little window
decals depicting a man, woman,
several kids and a dog or cat were
not the driver's record of people and
animals he had run down.
    They're actually representative of
the family and pet or pets that usually
travel in that vehicle! How about that?!
    But another trend continued to
puzzle me.
    I first noticed it on two vehicles
parked near my house. I had left for
one of my morning walks when I
spotted the cars with their windshield
wipers sticking up, away from the
windshield.
    Initially I thought the owners had
just gone inside to get paper or rags
to clean their windshield. But they
remained that way. Morning after
morning.
   Then, yesterday, after that generally
unexpected ice and snow storm hit
our area I saw 5 out of 6 vehicles
parked in West Pittston with their
wipers in the same, raised, position.
    That's when it hit me!
    The cars, another round of heavy
snow, and the raised wipers. These
vehicles were surrendering!
     Winter had won!
      Maybe, if the war is really over,
it will get warm!
      I hope it does and that all your
NEWS is good!



   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment