Monday, April 21, 2014

The Devil Made Me Do It!


   I know it was Easter. But the Devil made
me do it!
   My son and his girl wanted to host the
family holiday dinner at their new home.
   The idea was to have everybody bring
some of the fixings. "Everybody" in this
case consisted of about 14 people.
    Somewhere along the line "everybody"
must have gotten the idea the plan was to
feed the multitudes!
     You know how some families debate
over whether to have ham or turkey for
Easter dinner?
      Well we didn't debate. We had both!
      But that wasn't all! There was Salmon
cooked on the grill. There was corn, and
greens, and potatoes, and gravy, and rolls,
and butter.
       There were Deviled eggs, stuffed
mushrooms, cocktail meatballs, and fruit!
        Being Easter we were also surrounded
by probably 200 pounds of chocolate
disguised as bunnies, eggs, and other things.
        But chocolates not withstanding there
was a full menu of deserts highlighted by
Carrot Cake and a family tradition which
has become known as "Dad's Pie." The
latter is a concoction which features
enough calories to instantly add 2 pounds
without actually consuming the delight.
       I could rationalize the story and
suggest I had some of everything so as
not to make anyone feel bad.
       The truth is I had some of just about
everything because everything I saw
tempted me! And I gave in. But, like I
say, the Devil made me do it!
        With a little bit of exercise and a lot
of saying "No thank you" I should be able
to work off my Easter meal in about three
months!
        Hope you had a great Easter and that
all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment