Friday, December 2, 2016

DRIVING BY THE DRIVE THROUGH!


   SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3RD., 2016
   DRIVING BY THE DRIVE THROUGH!

   Now that McDonalds has finally added my
Bacon, Egg, Cheese Biscuit to its all day
breakfast menu I give a lot more though to
stopping by even in the afternoon.
    That thought crossed my mind Friday as
I was on my way to visit Steamtown in
Scranton.
     With some 36,615 restaurants in 119
countries that's a lot of places to pick up
my favorite sandwich!
     Of course in my case my route took me
through Moosic in Lackawanna County.
Instead of smiling McDonald's workers I
came across a Mc-Wrecking crew in the
process of leveling the former Golden
Arches outlet there!
      The place actually closed last year.
But while the building still stood I had
hopes somebody might take over the
franchise. After all the highway
construction some blamed for a loss of
business has ended and a lot of potential
customers...like me....drive right by that
spot.
       Of course my only shot Friday would
have been borrowing some lunch from a
member of the demolition crew. I'm not
sure they'd be anxious to share.
         Oh well, there's a nice empty lot
there now, perfect for a new restaurant!
Hope somebody builds one and that all
your NEWS is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment