Sunday, December 4, 2016

LET'S HEAR IT FOR CHESTER!


   MONDAY, DECEMBER 5TH., 2016
      LET'S HEAR IT FOR CHESTER!

.  I suppose many of you are thinking about
Chester Greenwood today! And rightfully
so!
  Old Chester's invention came in pretty
handy for some of us over the years and
many a mom will be celebrating the man
today! It's Chester Greenwood Day."
   Maybe you just didn't hear about it
because your ears were covered?
   December 5th is Chester's Birthday!
And he's the guy who invented earmuffs!
 Chester Greenwood patented the
"Champion Ear Protector." Later they
became known as ear muffs."
   I've know my wife to carry and
wear a par in mid summer when I've
got the Miata top down and there's a
cool breeze towards dark.
    If you see anyone wearing ear
muffs today you should probably
congratulate them for their knowledge
of history and the importance of this
anniversary. Or, maybe their ears
are just cold!
    I think Chester would be glad to
know his invention has survived and
prospered over the years....at least in
some climates! I know it's about to
get a lot colder. But I hope you won't
be needing your ear muffs all the time
and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment