Monday, December 5, 2016

YOU LIGHT UP MY...NIGHT!


  TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6TH., 2016
    YOU LIGHT UP MY....NIGHT!

    It seemed kind of ironic that ABC
kicked off  "The Great Christmas Light
Show" last night.
    Christmas lights are all the rage right
now.
     Over the weekend the old Globe
Store in downtown Scranton, soon to
house County government offices, was
decked out in lights on windows and 
walls just like the days when the huge
department store welcome thousands of
Christmas shoppers.
       Scranton resident Tom Culkin was
approached by the producers of the
network show to include the two homes
he decorates to light up his block every
Christmas. Problem was, they wanted
him to have it ready in September to
film the show. Oh well, this way you
can enjoy his display in person!
       The guest on my ECTV program
this week is Joe Spinelli from the small
town of Newfoundland in Wayne County.
        Joe's display features animated
Christmas characters that used to light
up a department store window in
Brooklyn, New York. Joe salvaged
and restored the display and now
opens it to the public in a drive through
area next to his home. It brings smiles
to the kids coupled with memories to
the adults.
        My house, on the other hand,
remains dark. There's a box of
Christmas lights on the front porch.
My wife got them out of the shed
about a week ago.
       By now I figured the Christmas
elves would have come by and set
them up. I guess they've been too
busy working at Culkin's and
Spinelle's. 
        I know my wife will get to
it and I know just the "elf" she'll
ask to help! I'm not great with a
hammer!
        Hope we've got enough
band aids.... and that all your
NEWS is good!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment