Friday, January 20, 2017

NATIONAL HUGGING DAY!


      SATURDAY, JANUARY 21ST., 2017
          NATIONAL HUGGING DAY!

    Hold your loved ones tight today. It's National
Hugging Day. And unlike so many of the
bizarre holidays I find from time to time, we know
who came up with this one!
     Kevin Zaborney is credited with coming up with
the idea  in 1986. He wanted to encourage people
to hug family and friends more often.
      He picked January 21st as a sort of half way
point between Christmas and Valentine's Day. A
time of year when Zaborney found a lot of people
seemed to have low spirits. He figured a good
hug would cheer folks up!
      My hugs are almost always reserved for
family and a couple really close friends. There
are a couple female movie stars I can think of
for whom I'd probably waive my policy. On
the other had such a waiver could pose problems
with my main hugger....my wife!
      Hope you've got some family and friends to
celebrate the day with you and that all your
NEWS is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment