Friday, January 17, 2020

A BRAND NEW "HOLIDAY!"


     SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH., 2020
           A BRAND NEW "HOLIDAY!"

    Regular readers of my daily blog already
know I split subjects between strange things
I find in my daily life and a long list of
unusual "holidays" I've discovered on the
world wide web.
     Well guess what? There's a new one. A
new "unusual holiday that is.
     Hence forth the third Saturday in January
is "National Use Your Gift Card Day."
      I think this one is kind of neat and very
useful!
      Most of us get gift cards for Christmas,
Birthdays, Anniversaries, and any number
of other special occasions. Chances are you
gave some too. Especially if you needed a
present for that hard to buy for person who
seems to have everything.
      Gift cards are usually very appreciated
but often put aside in a wallet, purse, or
drawer and forgotten.
      This new "holiday" reminds us we've
got a treasure ticked away and some
retailers plan to offer special deals to
encourage us to use those cards.
       I know my wife and I have a
couple! We tend to save them for those
times when cash is short and they really
come in handy!
       My wife's purse serves as our mobile
filing cabinet for several gift cards. She
will, on occasion, remind me of those
that are available. That's usually means
she doesn't  plan to cook on that
particular evening!
        So celebrate my friends! Inventory
your saved Gift cards and check to see
if there's any special deals that might
encourage you to put them to good use!
         Hope you find a couple (cards
and deals) and that all your NEWS
is good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment