Tuesday, January 14, 2020

THE CAT IN THE HAT!


   WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 15TH., 2020
              THE CAT IN THE HAT!

      Today my friends you could, and should,
be the cat in the hat!
      January 15th., is "National Hat Day."
      You are encouraged to wear any style
hat you prefer. Or several if you'd like to
swap from time to time.
       Hats, or at least hat protocol, has
changed a bit since I was young. Either
that or a lot of folks never learned it.
       I see people, especially young
people, wearing baseball caps with the
brim turned backwards. It's become so
prevalent the only guys I see wearing
it the other way are, ironically, baseball
players in the field!
        I suppose the new style has
prevented pigeon droppings on a lot
of necks although I never thought of
that as being a major problem.
         I always kind of thought the
caps worked better keeping the sun
out of one's eyes.
         Speaking of sun, I haven't
seen a lot of it flooding the interiors
of many restaurants, movie theaters,
or gymnasiums which is why I am
wondering why so many males
feel compelled to keep their hats
and caps on while they're inside.
          The way it's suppose to
work guys remove their hats indoors.
Guess it's an "etiquette" thing. But I
always thought it said a lot about the
guys who followed the rule.
           I like hats although I don't
always wear one. During the cold
weather they actually help your
body retain heat.
            Just do me one favor.
Please! Outdoors, indoors, cap
brim forward or backward.
Please gentlemen!, When they play
the National Anthem, take it off!
           Hope you'll get out your
Stetson today and that all your
NEWS is good.           

No comments:

Post a Comment