Sunday, January 19, 2020

MOVING DAY!


   TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17TH., 2019
              MOVING DAY!

    Just after retiring from WYOU  TV some
10 years ago I delivered a video of a trip
my wife and I had just hosted to Mark
Migilore who manages ECTV, Scranton's
Public Access television station.
    When I saw the windows and watched
traffic and people strolling by it occurred
to me that scene looked like NBC's Today
Show and suggested he should do a program
using that background.
     "Come up with a show." he said, "and
we'll do it." I've been volunteering (read
that no pay) from then till now.
       Since then we have done 542 editions
of "ECTV Live", a public affairs program
dealing with upcoming public events or
public services offered to the residents of
our area.
        As of today a few things change.
        Today we air our first program from
our new "stage like set" a few blocks
away from our old location.
         We'll also be premiering a new
multi camera system adding to our new
look.
         And we'll be using a new name.
The show is now called "Preview."
         The theme of the show will be the
same. The guests will still be people
talking about exciting community events
or about services available to area residents.
          But the windows will be gone.
          They were, of course, simply a
background to our presentation. But I
admit I'll miss seeing the cars and buses,
and pedestrians going by. Of course I
shall not miss the fire and or police
sirens that sometimes overpowered our
interviews or the occasional mom
screaming at her child right outside the
window in the middle of our program.
            The studio served as well but
it's time to more ahead to better and
quieter surroundings.
            Our program is broadcast on
Comcast channel 19 in the area. But
if you're not on cable you can see the
show on the electric city television
YouTube page or just watch my
Facebook posts. I'll share it there each
week.
              Hope you'll keep watching
and that all your NEWS is good!















No comments:

Post a Comment