Saturday, January 25, 2020

ANOTHER "BEAT."


     SUNDAY, JANUARY 28TH., 2020
               ANOTHER "BEAT."

       I walked the news beat for many years
around these parts. I'm still doing my best
to handle the "blog beat" with my daily
essays.
       But recently, including today, I find
myself on what you might call "the Bible
beat."
       Last month a very close friend asked
if I might consider speaking at an area
church where the pastor is dealing with
health issues.
        Although the venue did not include
a microphone and camera I've seldom been
shy to share my thoughts and stories with
others. The request also came from a man
in whom I have tremendous respect. If
he thought I could do it I felt, perhaps.
I could pull it off.
        Make no mistake, I come with a
disclaimer. I am not a minister nor an
expert on God and Heaven/
         But I am a believer and have seen
God work in my life in some truly
unbelieveable ways!
          Maybe hearing about those
experiences from an average guy like
me will make a positive difference in
somebody else's life. I'd like that.
           There are a lot of people far
more qualified  to stand at that pulpit!
But I've been honored with the request
to speak today and again next Sunday
and I'll do my best.
           I'll be at the Taylor Primitive
Methodist Church.
           At the very least members of the
congregation may get some sleep! But I'm
hoping a few may be moved to hear how
the Lord has used me in some very unique
ways. Perhaps this is the latest?
           God bless you! Hope all your
NEWS is good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment