Thursday, January 23, 2020

THE GREAT HOT DOG RECALL!


   FRIDAY, JANUARY 24TH., 2020
  THE GREAT HOT DOG RECALL!

   Don't let my title scare you. None of our
major hot dog producers are calling their
product back.
    My recall came from a popular local
hot dog restaurant!
     My wife and I were trying to decide
what to have for supper. There was some
left over roast in the fridge but having
enjoyed it the evening before I was kind
of counting on something different.
      That's when I thought about
Torony's!
       This family owned hot dog restaurant
has been in what I now call my home
area since way before I got here. And that
was 50 years ago.
        They started with a small outdoor
stand with just a few stools right along
Route 315 and later moved to a new
building a few blocks away. Eventually
they ended up along River Street, a
few miles from their original site.
         They've been famous for their
long dogs and great sauce.
         I got in just under their 7pm
closing time with a call to order 3
dogs with everything except onions.
They figured my drive time and their
cooking time would about even out
and, sure enough, I picked up my order
with 10 minutes to spare.
        I was headed home when the cell
phone rang and I saw Torony's number
when I pulled over to take the call.
        Gary, the owner, was calling
because he had accidentally given
me the wrong order! He said the
dogs I picked up had everything,
including onions!.
          Carefully wrapped I had no
way, especially in the car, to open
my package to check. But I figured
it would be easier to have him add
onions to the order left behind and
accept my dogs, onions and all,
rather than go along with his recall.
         Turns out the dogs were
great with everything anyway!
         Hope the other guy liked
his as well and that all your NEWS
is good

No comments:

Post a Comment