Wednesday, January 29, 2020

DESIGNING WOMEN!


   THURSDAY, JANUARY 30TH., 2020
             DESIGNING WOMEN!

    About the time I was enjoying my first
DJ job in radio my wife, and other young
ladies of her age, were joining the ranks
of "Designing Women."
     Their designs were created on a Betsy
McCall Electric Fashion Designer and
Paper Doll kit with a light up "desk"
allowing them to trace dresses, skirts,
slacks, and various other items which
they then colored with a set of pencils.
      My wife found just such a kit at the
auction on Tuesday and, since then, she
has been carried back in time!
       Keep in mind while I was spinning
records my wife was in 5th or 6th grade!
        She spent most of Wednesday
morning using the lighted desk to trace
all sorts of clothing items then carefully
coloring each with the pencils provided
with the kit..
         I don't remember Betsy McCall.
I suspect if she was around when I was
in 5th or 6th grade I would have passed
her fashion kit up for a good cap gun,
         About the only thing I recognized
in my wife's new "old' treasure, was an
eraser. I used those a lot back in the
day! It was my most valuable accessory
at school!
         I'm not sure if my wife will use
her find for a new career or just for fun.
I'm just glad she's enjoying it!
         Hope all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment