Friday, January 31, 2020

NOT TOO SHARP!


  SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST., 2020
               NOT TOO SHARP!

    The feeling that a sharp rock, rather than
a razor, was trimming my whiskers the other
day made me think it may just be time to buy
some new blades.
     I've always heard about prison inmates who
aren't allowed to have razors. But imagine my
surprise when I went to my local Walmart and
found it was the razors that have been locked up!
     Every brand was set up inside a locked glass
display case! And, initially, there was no one
in sight with a key.
      After reporting the discovery to my wife I
returned just in time to find a clerk who was
just about to relock the case.
       I stopped the young lady and quickly
grabbed a box of my favorite blades. But I
wasn't allowed to take them!
       The rules require her to hand carry them
to check out. But I wasn't done shopping!
        So, the way things are set up now, the
clerk takes the blades to the assistant at the
self check out line. You meet up with him or
her when your shopping is done and, at that
point, you add the blades to your order. We
actually used the self check out. I suppose,
if we didn't, the assistant would have to
assort you to a regular check out aisle.
        I came close to just giving up and
going somewhere else to buy my razors.
Sort of a "close shave" for Walmart!
        Hope this policy doesn't result in a
lot of new beards, and that all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment