Monday, January 27, 2020

METERED MADNESS!


   TUESDAY, JANUARY 28TH., 2020
             METERED MADNESS!

   What ever happened to those wonderful
days when you'd pull up to a parking meter,
insert a penny (Yep! A penny!), and tend to
your shopping or business for 15 minutes
without fearing your car would be towed away?
    I happen to meet the guest for my Electric
City television show as she pulled into a
parking space in Scranton Monday.
    The parking meters are gone now. They've
been replaced with a computer-like device
on which you enter your information to park.
    The first requirement is entering your
License plate number. Confession time. I
don't know my License plate numbers. I've
got three of them so don't remember any.
     My guest used her Smart phone to snap
a photo of her plate so she could enter the
numbers. That took about 3 attempts because
of two small letters that were included before
her number.
      The next effort involved an attempt to
insert a quarter into the device, For whatever
reason she couldn't do it. Maybe it was
filled. I don't know.
      Of course by the third time she tried to
put a quarter in the process timed out and she
had to start all over!
       In the end she had to use a credit card
to buy her parking time. Probably just as
well. I doubt anyone carries enough quarters
to cover the current parking rates!
        Hope she didn't get a ticket and that
all her, and your, NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment