Wednesday, January 1, 2020

I'LL BUY THAT!


    THURSDAY, JANUARY 2ND., 2020
                 I'LL BUY THAT!

     My wife and I, our daughter, two
grand kids and one granddaughter's
boyfriend kicked off 2020 at a New
Year's Day auction!
      Our favorite auction house holds
a special sale on the first of January
and since this is the 2nd we've
attended I guess it's our new New
Year's tradition!
       You just never know what you're
going to find or what you suddenly
have to have even through you didn't
walk in knowing you'ed have to have
it!
     All avoided bidding on the Boar's
head. But there were other items that
got our attention. At least some of us.
     My grandson bought a saber.
     The granddaughter's boyfriend
picked up a World War II German
dagger.
     My wife found a treasure of
antique paper dolls.
     And my daughter bought a
very old washing machine which
she intends to convert to an outdoor
ice chest.
      I came away empty but not for
want of interest.
      There was a life size (baby)
giraffe from the famous FAO
Schwarz Toy Store in New York
City.
       Other than the size the only
thing that kept me from bidding was
the $2,500 reserve price placed on
the animal.
        I also spotted a factory
sized roll of bubble wrap that
could have kept me popping
for the remainder of the year
but I would have had to rent
a truck to haul it home.
        There was one item that
drew a lot of comment but only
two bidders. Then again, I suppose
there's not a lot one can actually
do with a life sized cardboard
cutout of Donald Trump.
       If the auction was any
indication we're in for an interesting
new year!
        Hope all your NEWS is
good!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment