Thursday, January 9, 2020

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?


    FRIDAY, JANUARY 10TH., 2010
HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?

   Although it may seen a bit unusual to
inquire about the health of your garden
at the beginning of January there is a
sincere reason for the question.
     January 10th is "Appreciate Your
Houseplant Day."
     While those outside flowers and
berries may be gone for the moment,
many of you nurture various species
that flourish throughout the year in
the corners of your home.
      My wife is one of those "gardeners."
      As I write, from the comfort of my'
couch, there are pots to my right and
left from which some sort of green
"vines" seem to be growing higher
and higher.
        I haven't the faintest idea what
they are or how they're growing so
well, and fast, with little exposure
to sunlight.
        I suppose I should appreciate them
but I keep thinking about that play
"Little Shop of Horrors'" and, suddenly,
I'm not sure I want to nap on the couch
right now!
         I'll have to ask my wife what
she's feeding them. Or, maybe I won't.
         Hope your Poinsettias are doing
well and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment