Wednesday, January 15, 2020

ROUND THE WORLD IN 80...SECONDS!


      THURSDAY, JANUARY 16TH., 2020
  ROUND THE WORLD IN 80...SECONDS!

    I've been in broadcasting 60 years! I've been
on local radio, regional television, and even made
it nation-wide with a radio appearance on the old
ABC Breakfast Club and a part on the syndicated
"Forensic Files" TV show.
     On Wednesday, however, I finally broadcast
around the world!
     I'm a big fan of oldies music and frequently
listen to "60's on 6" on my Sirus-XM satellite
radio.
     The station's morning man is Phlash Phelps, an
energetic broadcaster with what seems like an
encyclopedic like knowledge of the country! He's
visited all 50 states and keeps traveling as much
as possible, keeping notes on attractions and
monuments along the way.
       I was impressed to hear him mention the
Kennedy statue in downtown Pittston one day.
       On Wednesday I looked him up on my
Smartphone and was surprised to see a telephone
number pop up as part of the information. Thinking
it might give me a contact at his studio I gave it a
call and was shocked to discover I got right through to
Phlash himself!
       We had a pleasant, though short, conversation
which he recorded and played on his satellite
channel about 15 minutes later!
        Had I known I'd get right through I might
have organized my thoughts so sound a little
intelligent rather than just babbling as a big
fan!
         But, who knows, after 60 years maybe
I'll finally be discovered!
          Hope all your NEWS is good!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment