Monday, January 6, 2020

DON'T ROCK THE BOAT!


     TUESDAY, JANUARY 7TH., 2020
            DON'T ROCK THE BOAT!

     I suppose those of you of the "Russian"
or Orthodox faiths will be rocking around
the Christmas tree today.
     You seen January 7th is also "Old Rock
Day."
      Now when I first learned about this I
was carried back to my days as a DJ when
I played old rock. Except, as I have pointed
out before, back then it was new rock.
       Turns out the day has nothing to do
with "Rock" as in "Rock and Roll!"
       Old Rock Day is a day to enjoy old
rocks and fossils! Maybe that's why the
day appeals to me. I'm sort of an old
fossil myself!
       As it happens my wife, just yesterday,
spotted a Styrofoam cup in the back cup
holder of my car.
       Unfortunately I didn't know about this
unusual holiday when she asked me why it
was there. It would have provided a
perfect explanation.
        In reality the rocks were not collected
by my 4-year-old grandson and me for the
purpose of study.
        They are a standby supply to toss in
whatever stream, creek, or river we happen
to come across.
          Tossing rocks into water is an important
part of growing up. That's why we both do it!
          Eventually we may both grow up and
actually study the darn things. Well he will
anyway.
          Rock on friend and may all your NEWS
be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment