Thursday, June 6, 2013

Having A Field Day!


   I looked it up! A "Field Day" that is.
   Here's what I found on one on line
dictionary.....(Field Day: to experience
freedom from one's usual work schedule;
to have a very enjoyable time.)
   So I went to have a Field Day
yesterday. Actually I went to see a Field
Day yesterday.
   The kids from the Bear Creek Community
Charter School held their annual Field Day
activities at the King's College Football
Complex.
   Two of my grand kids go to school there
and got to participate. One in the morning
the other in the afternoon session.
   My wife and I visited both sessions.
   We watched the kids in activities like
"Protect The Pin," Jump Rope, Tug Of
War, and the Ball Toss among other things.
    Other than taking pictures, my only
involvement was at a spectator.
    I admit I would have enjoyed trying
an activity or two. I know I could have
thrown the ball as far as those 6th graders.
Well, as far as most of them anyway.
    But I didn't. I sat and watched.
    That's why I'm wondering why I came
away from the experience exhausted!?
    I mean these kids went straight from
one activity to the next. About seven I think.
    There's got to be a way to bottle at least
a little of that energy! And if you find it put
me down for a case!
     Hope you get to have a Field Day or two
and that all your NEWS is good!









































     
     
   







No comments:

Post a Comment