Sunday, June 9, 2013

Water Hazards!

     My grandson had a sleep over at our house
last night.
     But his stay began during the early afternoon
hours so we decided some "entertainment" was
in order.
     Our efforts included a stop at Victory Pig
for pizza, what turned out to be some
Wedding watching at the Wyoming Valley
Airport where the bride arrived aboard a vintage
Navy Training aircraft, some mini golf, a turn
in the batting cage, some time in the arcade
and some brief shopping at a Dollar Store.
      The mini golf course was a bit wet from
the rain that passed through our area into
Saturday morning. And there were water hazards.
      I was extremely pleased we managed to stay
dry on the course, except for the time I had to
kneel down to use a "pool style shot" in order
to get my ball out from under a trap.
    My grandson, I thought, got soaked when
he used 4 quarters to play a "Price Is Right"
type machine that yielded enough tickets to get
a couple fake finger nails! Not even 5 finger nails!
      But that was just the start!
      It wasn't until we were headed home that
I heard my grandson utter those dangerous
words. He was opening a pack of balloons
he picked up at that dollar store. His exact
words might have been slightly different
but his question, basically, was...."Would
either of you be interested in a water balloon
fight?"
     We looked at each other with expressions
that must have reflected our inner thoughts.
     Grannie answered first and explained that
she wasn't sure she was quite up to that.
     Not wanting to throw cold water on his
idea I said I would participate....at least as a
"thrower."
     My wife did offer to help to fill the balloons,
an action she probably now regrets after
realizing there's no way to get water into the
rubber grenades without some spilling onto
the filler.
     In the end though it was my grandson who
was saturated as he tried to catch the balloons
as I tossed them in his direction. Balloons break
very easily when filled with water!
     We may have to give future activity inquiries
some more thought before committing ourselves!
      Hope your grand kids like chess and that all
your NEWS is good!














































































No comments:

Post a Comment