Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bargain Basement


   I'm happy to say there are still some
bargains out there. But they're not in
the basement!
   I was thinking about that yesterday
afternoon as my wife, our friends, and
I stopped by our favorite ice cream
stand in Nescopeck.
   On each of our previous visits I
had my card punched every time I bought
a small sized cup or cone. So.....this time
I got a free ice cream.....and a brand new
card with one spot already punched!
   A couple of weeks ago we went to the
movies on a Tuesday. Tuesday is Bargain
Day at the Cinema. It's $5 all day. We
saved 50 cents apiece! That's a dollar
towards my popcorn which I usually
purchase with a coupon that gives me
another discount!
    One of the best bargains you'll ever
find actually comes from Uncle Sam!
You can buy a pass that allows you and
three other adults into any Federal Park
for free. The pass is only $10 and there's
no expiration date! The only catch is.....
you have to be a Senior Citizen.
     Of course in my case the investment
was $20 since I misplaced my original
pass and had to buy another one.
     Now that I've done that I'll probably
find the one I lost!
      A lot of the bargains available tome
these days are offered because of my
Senior status. I guess they figure they
won't have to honor them too very long
so....what the heck!
      I even got on at the shore last week
where bargains are definitely an exception
to the rule!
      The grand kids wanted to go to the
Water Park for the afternoon special.
Seniors get the best special though. They
get in for free!
      Like I said, there are plenty of bargains
out there if you'll just look for them.......and
get old!
      Hope I find some more and that all your
NEWS is good!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment