Monday, July 14, 2014

Our "New" Wheels.


  My wife and I have a "new" car. New,
that is....to us.
   At this stage of our life anything built
since the year 2000 is new to us!
   Our latest acquisition is a 2006
Hyundia Elantra. That makes it the
newest of the three vehicles we attempt
to maintain. Our van is a 2000 and my
little Miata is a 1995. My Honda Street/
Trail motorcycle is a 1971. Old is "In"
around here!
   I didn't know much about Hyundia
until one of our church friends told us
her mother-in-law wasn't suppose to
drive any more and was selling hers.
    And "No"....this "little old lady" is
not from Pasadena."
    The car is made in Korea. It's OK.
It's the good Korea....the one in the
south. Not the one where that fat kid
took over from his father up north.
     It doesn't have all the features that
are standard in today's models.
     I still have to look out the back
window or the mirrors when I back
up. No cameras in this one to let you
see who you're running over.
     We haven't bought a brand new
vehicle since 1976 when I was shocked
to find we were paying over $4,000 for
a car! You can't find a decent used
one for that kind of money these
days!!
      But this little Hyundia is as good
as new for us! Heck, the air conditioning
actually works!
       Of course I will need a little practice.
       Oh..... I know where all the switches
and things are. It's the pronunciation
I'll have to work on for awhile!
        Hope I can figure out how to open
the trunk...and that all your NEWS is
good!





3 comments:

  1. If I can give your readers just one piece of advice when it comes to getting that new car, never ever impulse buy. You best friend is research, and the more paperwork on comparative shopping you have done, the better deals you will get when it comes to making the final deal. Knowledge is certainly power when it comes to buying a car.

    Paige Hollingsworth @ Baldwin Motors Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I arrived at the local car dealership to pick out a car, I found myself stuck between the hatchback and the sedan. I was ready to go sedan until I drove the hatchback and realized all the things I could now do with all that extra room. I jumped on the hatchback and have not regretted my change of heart one bit.

    Freddy @ Jacky Jones CDJR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been an SUV driver, and I was all ready to jump into a new one when I headed down to the local dealership. Something however got me to test drive a few sedans, and I was completely in love. I went for the sedan because it was built like my SUV but had a ton of new bells and whistles that I never knew would be available

    Jeromy @ Fiesta Kia

    ReplyDelete