Monday, July 28, 2014

CARS!


   Disney  made a lot of money with
those two animated features about little
talking cars.
   We stopped by the American Legion
in Mountaintop yesterday to see some
real cars. They didn't talk. But, oh, if they
only could!
    They certainly have a lot of us,
especially the guys, talking to themselves!
"I had one like that! Why did I ever get
rid of it?"
     I've had those thoughts many times!
     I think back to some of the vehicles
I've owned. A 1956 two tone Ford.  A
1963 Austin Healey Sprite. A 1961
Corvette. And a 1962 Chevy Impala.
     They were all convertibles!
     There were many other cars over the
years. But I was never in a position to
preserve them for the future! I had to
use them to go to work.
     Ironically, now that I don't have to
go to work I can't afford those cars
anymore.
     I bought the Corvette for under
$4,000. I saw a virtually identical one
a few years back. It was worth $30,000
then! I understand "inflation".....but,
come on!
    Those old cars had some unique
features! My Dad had a Plymouth
Fury with swivel seats. The seats swung
out for easy access. It also had push
button shifting! 
    My Corvette had a gas gauge you
could actually see move. It was always
moving! Down! And rapidly!
    Well at least I get to look at the cars
again. There are numerous Car Shows
in our area pretty much every week.
Most of them are free and that's a good
deal in any one's book.
     There's usually music from the 50's
and 60's era playing in the background.
That takes me back to the days too,
especially since I used to play most of
those songs when I was a DJ.
     And since I can't afford to pick up
one of those Classic Cars I guess I'll
just try to hold on to what I have. Maybe
it will become one......if I can live long
enough!
     Hope I do.....and that all your NEWS
is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment