Wednesday, July 30, 2014

SAY IT AGAIN SAM!

"SAY IT AGAIN SAM!"
  I use my version of that well know line from the classic
movie Casablanca as a way of saying good bye to our
treasured family pet "Sam."
 Sam was a Cockatiel we rescued when his previous owner
was unable to take him to her new apartment a few years ago.
Sam could talk when he choose to, delighting us with
 "How you doing Sam?" and "Sam's a pretty bird."
  Indeed he was a pretty bird and a pleasant companion.
We don't know how old he was. All signs indicated he had
been around for quite a few years.
   I've read a lot on line from people who have lost pets. They
often refer to "the Rainbow Bridge."
   According to the story, when a pet dies, it goes to a meadow,
having been restored to perfect health and free of any injuries.
There is always fresh food and water, and the sun is always
shining.
   Then, when the pet's owner dies, they cross the "Rainbow
Bridge" into Heaven together.
   I'm not in any hurry to cross that bridge. But, when the time
comes, I'd like to think I'd hear..."Sam's a pretty bird" and have
him with me again!



  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment