Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Cry In The Night!


      It is said there was a curse placed
on all those involved in the opening of
King Tut's Tomb.
      I had nothing to do with that
historical find. And yet, I too, seem to
be dealing with a diabolical curse!
      Over the last 10 or more years I
have faithfully attended concerts and
ceremonies at which my grandchildren
were among the performers or those
being honored.
     My trusty video camera was always
in hand to capture those magical moments.
     The kids have aged. The music
has changed. But one thing remains
the same.
     Each time I press the record button
on my camera someone with a small
child, usually a baby, sits nearby!
     Small children are not know for
their silence, And most all of my
tapes include some unusual sounds
that were not projected from the
stage.
     They range from cooing to screams!
     On Thursday evening my grandson
took over as photographer as his sister
received honors at a school ceremony.
      Last night I watched his tape and
listened as my grand daughter made her
speech.
     The curse has  spread!
     As she spoke an infant, closer to the
camera's microphone than her, sounded
out.... forever including its noises in our
memories.
     W.C. Fields once said "Never work
with animals or children." Perhaps he
should have added..Never sit near a kid
with your camera running!
     Hope some parents get the message
and that all your NEWS is good.

   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment