Sunday, May 10, 2015

My New Friend!


             MONDAY, MAY 11TH.

                MY NEW FRIEND
   I have just over 3,000 Facebook Friends.
   I don't actually know most of them. But
as a long time broadcaster/reporter I have
said "Yes" to most folks who asked to be
a friend.
   A lot of those folks know me even if we've
never met in person.
   But some Friends have turned out to be
better than others. Some, for instance, take
the time to "Like" or even comment on my
daily Blog. Or, perhaps, "Like" or comment on
some of the photos I post on my page.
   Then there was Morgan Gilbert!
   His photo pictured a handsome man in his
dress uniform. He asked that I accept him as
a friend about two days ago and I did so.
    And what a great friendship, though short,
it was!
    Morgan sent me a personal message
asking how I was doing and where I worked.
    I responded by reminding him all that
information was on my Facebook page. But
there was little about him.
    After reading his next message I understood
why. Morgan explained that his military unit
in Syria had come across a very large stash of
money. They turned it over to the government
(Syria) but were surprised to find that they
were going to be allowed to keep it.
    I was allowed to keep a Quarter I found one
time. But in Morgan's case there was a twist.
    Unfortunately they were going into a
combat situation and Morgan needed someone
back here who would be able to keep the money
for him in return for a rather large share!
     I think I was to get a third of the amount.
     All I had to do was send him my email
address and set up a bank account somewhere
(although he didn't explain why).
      I was about to make my fortune when,
after explaining I was a newsman and
wanted contact information so I could tell
his exciting story, he failed to respond!
      I thought he might have been over run
while communicating with me. Then those
darn Facebook Police showed up and said
the site Morgan was sending from was no
longer available.
      As far as I could see Moran only had
one other friend. Maybe he finalized a deal
with her? Now I'm out a friend and all that
money!
      You might want to watch out for
Morgan in your Facebook travels. Maybe
he'll say you up for a cut of all that loot
in Syria.
      I wonder if P.T. Barnum gets to read
these things in Heaven? If so, I'll bet he's
smiling!
      Hope my money comes through and
that all your NEWS is good!
                         ("Morgan Gilbert.")



No comments:

Post a Comment