Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Fever!

           FRIIDAY, MAY 8TH

                THE FEVER
    I had Scarlet Fever when I was just
a little kid. It was serious. But I survived
and I only had it once.
    My wife, on the other hand, is
infected with fever every year!
    The symptoms began again on
Wednesday.
    I was typing on my computer when
I began to notice. She would walk past
me every few minutes, usually humming,
and, in the beginning, moving plants from
the safety of our living room to the confines
of our front porch.
    Two days ago she removed two of the
frames covered with plastic that protect
the porch from winter winds. Asked if
she wanted the rest taken off she replied
"Not today."
   But as the humming gradually turned
to hammering I realized Wednesday was
"the day." The task was underway though,
perhaps, unintended.
    Earlier in the day she outlined some of
the items on what she referred to as
"Our... To Do List."
     Sharing is a good thing...usually. But
just when did that list become "ours?"
     I'm wondering if there isn't some kind
of preventative medicine for this Spring
Fever stuff! It's too darn catchy!
     Hope I don't get infected and that
all your NEWS is good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment