Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Pickers Were Here!

     THURSDAY, MAY 21st

  THE PICKERS WERE HERE!

  The Pickers came by my place
yesterday! I saw them!
   But as much as I looked there
was no sign of Mike or Frank. And
certainly no trace of Danielle.
Although a couple of the guys might
have been sporting tattoos like hers.
    The crew that roared through our
neighborhood seemed to have a
little different system than the guys
on TV.
    First, they took absolutely
everything, Secondly I have to
believe they aren't looking to
resale anything since they were
crushing much of their take even as
they picked it up!
     In reality, these guys were part
of our Township's annual waste
cleanup drive.
     Armed with a Pay loader, a Dump
Truck, and some very strong arms,
they've been going everywhere in our
community cleaning up old sofas,
chairs, mattresses, and nearly everything
else residents have left along the curb
side. Unfortunately they weren't taking
cats!
    They have to work fast, A Township
worker told me there are actual "pickers"
that start making the rounds as soon as
people put their trash out.
     You know what they say. One man's
trash is another's treasure! That's
especially true if there's any metal out
there. The pickers head for that as soon
as they can so they can make a few bucks
at area Scrap dealers!
      There was an old sofa out
there that looked kind of neat to me. My
wife didn't seem to fancy it.
      It's a great service to those of us who
live in the township....no matter who's
doing the picking up!
      Hope my wife hasn't put out anything
I really need......and that all your NEWS
is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment