Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Rain Man!


      THURSDAY, MAY 28TH

              RAIN MAN
    Our front porch is usually a pretty
quiet place. Usually.
    That's why I was a bit surprised
when I heard all the racket out there
Wednesday afternoon.
    I would have opened the door to
check. But I didn't have to. The
door flew open all by itself!
    That sudden downpour that hit
our neighborhood just before 2:30
was accompanied by loud claps of
thunder and a stiff wind strong
enough to open the door and blow
over a metal stand holding several
rather heavy potted plants.
     My efforts to correct the situation
were greeted by a strong spray of
rain that made its way through our
screens and onto me!
     I surrendered pretty quickly,
realizing that repositioning the
stand would be fruitless while the
wind continued to roar. Nearby
trees were bending like they were
ready to snap. So was I.
     I was tried my best just to get
the stand back on its legs and pick
the plants off the floor. I put them
back on the stand although not
necessarily on their same spots.
     It only took about 90 seconds.
But it that time I was already soaked.
    I keep hearing we need rain.
But I'm not so sure why we needed
it on me!
    Hope you managed to stay dry
and that all of your NEWS is good!




       
    

No comments:

Post a Comment